Ingredients and Product Care
Are your products really made from 100% natural ingredients?
Yes! We make our products from oils and butters that are entirely natural. No additives, no parabens, no sulphates, no toxic chemicals. You can enjoy our products with full confidence in the safety of what you are applying on your and your loved ones' skins. Read more at our Why Salves page.
Are The Salve Co.'s products cruelty free?
None of our products are tested on animals, they have only been lovingly tested on our families and friends, and vouched for by our loyal users!
What is the best way to store my products?
We recommend to store our stabiliser and preservative-free products in a cool, dry environment.
What is the shelf life of the products?
We make our salves in frequent small batches to maintain freshness. As they are free from stabilisers and preservatives, they are best used within 6 months from the time of purchase.
Why isn't the surface of my salve or body butter smooth in appearance?
Because our products are made only with natural ingredients, they may vary in appearance between batches and over time.
- Salves. Before use, the surface of your salve may appear uneven, textured or with tiny white specks. This is because the temperature the salves are stored at affects the way the natural plant butters within them solidify. Once applied to your skin, any uneven texture will melt and the effectiveness of the salve is not affected. For longer lasting freshness please refer to our storage guidelines above.
- Mists & Sprays. Over time the layers of oil and water may separate and form distinct layers. This is because we do not add any additional chemical solvents or stabilisers beyond denatured alcohol into our mists & sprays. Simply give the bottle a few good shakes and spritz generously around you.
Care tips when applying our products
- Before using a new product, always perform a patch test with a small amount of product to test for sensitivity, such as on the side of the neck or wrist area. If sensitivity does occur discontinue use immediately.
- Our products are for topical application only, avoid application to eyes, mouth and open wounds.
- Our lovely products smell good enough to eat, but please do not consume them
- If you are ill, nursing or pregnant, please consult a doctor before use. We make no claim to cure or prevent any disease or medical
problem through the use of our salves.
- We make our salves in frequent small batches to maintain freshness. As they are free from preservatives, they are best used within 6 months from the time of purchase.
HOW TO APPLY YOUR SALVES
(SIGNATURE SALVES & SALVE STICKS)
APPLY SOME SALVE ON YOUR FINGER, THEN GENTLY RUB ON YOUR PULSE POINTS AS ABOVE.
Do you create custom and bespoke orders for weddings/ showers/ corporate gifts?
Yes we do! We are happy to create bespoke blends for you, using the best quality all natural ingredients. Simply get in touch with us at email@example.com to start collaborating with us!
Order Processing, Shipping, Returns and Exchanges
For more details, please refer to our Shipping & Returns page.